WELCOME! – BIENVENIDOS!
Casa de los Angeles, in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico, is a community of caring people who gather to nurture children, serving the needs of the less fortunate, treating each person with dignity and respect as they work to make a better life for themselves and the community as a whole.
Established in the heart of San Miguel de Allende, it is a safe haven for the children of the streets and those whose mothers come from the outskirts of town to work or to sell their wares at the local mercado. Casa de los Angeles was founded on September 18, 2000. It has grown over the years to now serve more than 100 children from 83 families.
In addition to daycare, the centers provide a place for mothers to find the support and the help they need to make a good life for themselves and their children. Casa de los Angeles is able to provide medical care for the families, a food bank, and scholarships opportunities.
In late 2003 a construction program was initiated to build bathrooms and houses for the families we serve. On January 29, 2005 Casa Santa Clara was dedicated. It is a transitional housing program and emergency shelter for our poorest families. Then, on August 9, 2008, we opened our new center which includes a daycare and a free clinic on land which was generously donated by Doña Teresita. All that we do at Casa de los Angeles is done in a relationship of mutuality that respects the dignity of each individual. We ask for your prayers and extend an open invitation for you to come and see your gifts at work.
Our Vision – At Casa de los Angeles, we are creating:
- A place for children to learn in a loving, caring environment.
- A secure place where poor working mothers have the comfort of knowing their children are in a safe haven.
- A community of caring people, who together help shape the lives of these children and their mothers so that their future is hopeful and that they can become self-sufficient.
Our Mission – It is the mission of Casa de los Angeles to establish a safe haven where:
- Families are nurtured, challenged and supported.
- Children are cared for, respected & loved.
- People of good will embrace this vision whenever and however possible.