Casa de los Ángeles, in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico, is a community of caring people who gather to nurture children, serving the needs of the less fortunate, treating each person with dignity and respect as they work to make a better life for themselves and the community as a whole.
We are grateful to volunteer Steffan Van Lint for creating this video,
and to Achilles White for the still photos.
Established in the heart of San Miguel de Allende, it is a safe haven for the children of single working mothers who come from the outskirts of town. Casa de los Ángeles was founded on September 18, 2000. It has grown over the years to now serve 100 children from 83 families. In addition to daycare, the centers provide a place for mothers to find the support and the help they need to make a good life for themselves and their children. Casa de los Ángeles is able to provides a food bank, and scholarships opportunities. On January 29, 2005 Casa Santa Clara was dedicated. It is a transitional housing program and emergency shelter for our poorest families. Then, on August 9, 2008, we opened our new center built on land which was generously donated by Doña Teresita. All that we do at Casa de los Ángeles is done in a relationship of mutuality that respects the dignity of each individual. Casa de los Ángeles is an internationally recognized nonprofit as well as a 501(c)3 recognized nonprofit in the United States and Mexico.
Our Vision – At Casa de los Ángeles, we are creating:
- A place for children to learn in a loving, caring environment.
- A secure place where poor working mothers have the comfort of knowing their children are in a safe haven.
- A community of caring people, who together help shape the lives of these children and their mothers so that their future is hopeful and that they can become self-sufficient.
Our Mission – It is the mission of Casa de los Ángeles to establish a safe haven where:
- Families are nurtured, challenged and supported.
- Children are cared for, respected & loved.
- People of good will embrace this vision whenever and however possible.